1.20.2009

Inauguration Day!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Today's a pretty memorable day.
Whether he was your choice or not, I'm pretty sure today will mark a turning point in the history of our country. (Only time will tell if a turn for the better.)

~Obama, Inauguration 2008~

So what all's going on around here, Sarasota, FL, not Washington DC?
Oh, some pretty exciting stuff - let me tell you!

We've had some GORGEOUS weather. Today was cold, tomorrow is a high of like 58°, but for the most part we're warmer than the rest of the country... by like 80°.

Have I ever showed you the view from the 5th floor of my company's parking garage, when I leave work at 6 pm-ish?
Pretty amazing, huh? Sarasota will never fail you with sunsets.

~Marina Jacks, Sarasota~

I'm getting my eyeballs lasik'd on Friday - which is superduper exciting considering I've been fairly blind since I was 7. For two weeks I've had to wear glasses instead of contacts, which would be fun if I didn't have such a huge head (so they hurt).



Since it's mildly cold, Joe's avoided fishing... because he has Floridian blood now.
He did, however, take advantage and work on the bottom side of the boat.
I wish we'd taken 'before' pictures, because you can't tell how amazing of a job he did. He used MarineTex to fill in the deep scratches where fiberglass was starting to show through, and touched up the paint as well (with refrigerator paint - who knew??)



The engine was getting really corroded too, so he sanded it.
I used my spraypainting skills to fix that right up too!


Ok, back to the house. Our tomatoes have grown INSANE!
We didn't really take this into consideration when we planted them, so we've kind of been makeshift tiki-torch/wooden stake holding them up. Any suggestions?



Oh! and did you SEE how many tomatoes there are?!
And the most exciting one of all?! It's huge! and almost red! So exciting, I know!!


And this is the little tomato plant, we didn't think he'd ever grow.
Hopefully we can keep this a little more contained than the everywhere of the other one.


But holy-ohmigoodness did you see the RIPE RED tomato on there?!
The picture is actually a little deceiving because it's still pretty green on the other side, but still - exciting!


And whoa herbs! We use them almost every day. Pretty cool, huh?


That's all for now, Happy Obamarama Day!

No comments: