6.15.2010

This post is really green

So, I have a good excuse for not posting about the plants before...

Shut up! No, really, I do!

They're growing OUT. OF. CONTROL.

Everytime I go to post a picture, it's like **whoa!!** they don't even look like that anymore!

Proof?
A month ago, May 11, the tomatoes looked like this:

And yesterday,
June 14th, they looked like this:
Fo' Real! The things are huge! and loaded up with hundreds (ok, tens - like at least 50) tomatoes!
The three gigantor plants are Beefy tomatoes, the three shorter ones are cherry.

And in the shade over there are a red, a yellow, and a green bell pepper. So far, they all look like this:
Which is still pretty cool, no?

On the other side you got your standard basil, parsley, oregano (though the oregano lived through the winter and pretty much took over)

And more peppers:

Those are Anaheim peppers, and since you're totes not getting the full effect there, check out the size of these suckers!
I thought they were just fat leaves!

And this little guy (chili):
Not as huge, but still chuggin.

And around the corner, I won't show you the half-dead cucumbers (wtf, they were bursting a week ago), but the cantaloupe - holy wow! This is the biggest of 'em, about fist-sized:
The trees... the figs are growing nicely, but some muthaf'n animal picked off the fully grown one!

and the baby tree, which was no more than a stick when planted, this picture doesn't do it justice, it's over a foot tall! (yes, Joe needs to mow the lawn)
Rocky completely bowled over the third tree, may it rest in peace (pieces?)

So that's it so far - I finally got them uploaded. I take no credit for the growth of any of these suckers - I have black thumbs. Aside from some moderate watering when I'm bored, Joe does 98% of their maintenance and he's really proud of his plants!

No comments: