2.19.2011

Fishing 2011!

We didn't seem to have a particularly long winter this year - or at least we were very fortunate as compared to the rest of the country. One day in January, we were the only state where it wasn't snowing. And while I think I'd love a snow day or two, I don't think I'd appreciate it much past January. 

So I don't mean to brag, but it was 75, clear, blue, and sunny on Saturday. Weatherbug said it was freezing and snowing in NY - so we were pretty happy! Joe took off fishing, and I went to the beach! It. Was. Perfect. We've both got our first sunburns of the year (establishing a base tan) - and look forward to many more great weekends :)

I didn't get any pictures - but Joe got 2 on his phone. Check out the blue skies! Oh, and the carnival cruise ship within photo's distance!


A beautiful American Red Snapper that Joe would have been more than thrilled to bring home. Unfortunately that's illegal until June, so this guy got to live to see another day! (Or another 4 months, as the case may be - Joe's goin' back for him for sure!)

So if you're freezing, come on down! Flights are cheap and the weather can't be beat. We have to enjoy it before the horrible heat comes June-September!

No comments: