5.25.2009

Memorial Day AmberJacks!

I don't even know how to describe today - I wish we could've taken video of how incredible it was. I can't even put the pictures in rapid enough succession to show how FAST we hit these fish!
Joe caught this first one on a wreck
and then we started moving towards a reef - and he noticed there were some fish on the GPS, so we decided to try it out and see what happens - can't hurt right?
Before anyone could even get in a line, Tad caught this one!


The Gaff is quite the sight after ripping into a fish - it was like this for all 4 AJs (we could only keep one per person)

Bloody fish after bloody fish - everyone with a belt on, they were such a fight!


After 4 gigantor fish (they were over 3 ft, about 25-27 lbs each), we had to start throwing them back, but they still just kept on hitting!



I even got in on the action - I caught a shark, and two AJs. At this point the camera started dying and some of these are from our phones.

My arms are going to be KILLING ME tomorrow!

Back at the new marina, we got some shots of how HUGE the 4 we kept are - it's impressive!
and Tad and Joe fileted those suckers right there! We have 13 gallon sized bags of fish!


No comments: