7.04.2009

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July this year. Up at 7 am, setting up on Siesta by 8:30 - we did our usual setup on the beach - it really gets better ever year!

2 tents and 2 tables covered countless chairs, towels, and coolers full of ice, food, and drinks (alcoholic and otherwise).The best part though? The people! We have the greatest group of friends, and there's absolutely no better way to spend the day than all day just playing on the beach with friends you enjoy.

~some of the girls~

~some of the boys~

Joe and Drew playing beerpong early on - with laddergolf in the background!

~Joe, Jim, Drew~

I was proud of the ridiculous amounts of sunscreen we kept on.

See that bandaid? That would be where they scalpeled off some moles (which thankfully came back harmless). But I'd rather not go through that again, it was a stressful week.

The police patrolled the beach on these gorgeous horses - and I think some ATVs at times, but the horses definitely gave them an advantage over the ATVs, the beach was PACKED.

After a long, long day - Siesta has the best fireworks display I've probably ever seen. They start at 9ish and go for about a half hour. Then we sat in traffic for an hour and a half to get off the key! I was exhausted by the time we got home (Joe got to sleep in the car!) Can't wait to do it again next year!


No comments: