11.22.2009

My new "office"

I've pretty much been using the guest room as a craftroom/office - supposedly. Realistically I worked on everything in the living room and the guest room became my dumping grounds - ha!

Once I really got into sewing, it became disastrous - and slowly ended up looking like this on a regular basis:

Scary, huh? Plus I really didn't want to continue making a disaster out in the kitchen area since we got the brand new dining room table! (That I'll post about later - LOVE IT)

I think Joe gets scared when I get ideas into my head - I draw them out and then expect him to execute them. He does a really great job though! I kind of knew what I wanted - SPACE! So I was thinking a really long desk, and I didn't want to spend a ton of money (because really, where would I get that from?) And I wanted it all to be white (secretly because I can buy anything and paint it white later on - easy peasy)





Joe had leftover wood from the bar, we bought some cheap foam moulding, some thick dowel rods for legs, some scroll-ey brackets, a ton of paint and got to work!







Originally I thought I'd spray paint the dresser - but that was taking FOREVER. So instead I bought some white linen glidden paint (they made me a loyal customer after their free promos!) and sanded, primed, and painted with a small foam roller brush.



When it was all put together, we decided the room needed a huge overhauling. So while Joe was at Penn State - I went out and got new sheets, new pillows, new comforter set, matching candles and more paint!



I even pulled out my big arm muscles and built some much needed shelving into the closet!



And this is the finished desk!





Ideally, I can interchange the sewing machine with the keyboard if I want to use the computer instead. Mounting the tv on the wall and off the dresser gave me so much space to set things up!



I sewed a table runner for the top of the dresser - my new "cutting space." I put that brown ribbon on EVERYTHING - even the sheets! I may have gone overboard... haha.



There's a few things I'd like to do still... like make a new tablecloth for the sidetable, find a curtain rod that actually fits that window, hang a mirror, maybe something on those big blank walls... but for now, it's done! and I love it!

Linking up to ASPTL again!

4 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Much better! You have so much more storage and it has a much cleaner look. Nice job!

Unknown said...

I love it!! I am currently crafting/sewing in my office too, but I don't have a guest bedroom to do it in! It's all in the living room/dining room! I have been hauling my sewing machine back and forth to the dining room table!

This is a great idea to give me a place to put my sewing machine on!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

wow! so much better! Lucky you!
happy Thanksgiving!
gail

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Your work area looks great!