1.01.2010


January 1st we got up bright and early to go over to Orlando for the Capital One Bowl.

PSU v LSU, 1 pm

Thankfully, Jim & Jess' neighbors were kind enough to drive their minivan up there - and we met up with Shoosh and Amelia who had driven up from Fort Myers...

Unfortunately, we had NASTY weather. Joe made a valiant effort to start grilling before it was raining too hard...

But it wasn't long before it was downpouring - HARD!

Jess and I hid out in the van for a little while, but it didn't matter, we were soaked through and through.

Amelia is the biggest trooper I know! 7 Months pregnant and she's out there tailgating in the rain (and drinking her pretend beers!)

Once we got into the game, it really wasn't much better!

We had fantastic seats, right behind the goal posts, just a few rows back - but we were soaked and COLD! Seriously, how miserable do I look?!

And the poor field!

I couldn't get over how filthy the poor players were, they definitely didn't let the mud slow them down too much!

Eventually the sun came out and started to dry us off - I woulda paid someone with my future first-born child for some dry pants, but we toughed it out...

Their future Penn Stater!

These are Penn State's travel buses!

In the end, Joe's boys in blue won a great game, 19 - 17.
It was well worth the trip up there, and for all the whining and complaining about the rain and cold, it made for an experience we won't soon forget!

Mostly dry - right before heading home!


No comments: