11.30.2010

Christmas Crafting!

Before Christmas exploded yesterday, I remembered that I had this banner kit tucked away in the guest room, waiting for a rainy afternoon that never came... I half started putting it together last weekend, but didn't know what I was going to do with it.

And then yesterday, when we started unpacking CHRISTMAS (!!) I made a decision to try and not spend a whole lot on decorations BEFORE the holiday. We have TONS (and we're not even here!) - and you can get such better deals after (which would explain the 2 extra boxes of stuff packed away...)

And then (long story, huh?) we came home from the gym tonight to find out that someone (not naming any names, but he has 4 legs and fits perfectly under the tree) - decided to chew on some of the wrapped presents (WTF). I needed something mindless to do tonight that didn't involve my punishing a furry creature. I dug through the boxes and decided to finish up a craft!

Here's what I came up with:

And up close? It's being held onto the sheers with earrings! I took some blank earring backs and hot-glued berries to the fronts. Easy Peasy! And best of all, FREE, since I already had all this stuff after last year's madness!

So this isn't a terribly exciting post, but we have a new camera! And I'm determined to use it!

No comments: