My little sister Andrea is currently in graduate school, and considering branching out of the nyc once she graduates in May. Austin, TX is a really cool city, known for how artsy, laid-back it is - which fits her perfectly. Add to that the fact that we have a ton of family nearby, and it makes for a perfect city for Andrea to consider. So off we went for a long weekend!
I'm going to have to divide this into a bunch of posts because there are alot of pictures!
We stayed with my cousin Megan who lives about 45 min away in Temple. The first day they indulged Andrea's 'wants' and we drove about 3 hrs to visit the Shiner brewery (that wasn't in Austin!) Pretty cool place though!



We stooped on the way back at the greasiest open-pit BBQ place ever - really yummy, but holy crap.




We wandered some of Austin on the way back through - pretty cool place!




Austin has the world's largest urban bat colony - and every day as the sun starts to set they rush out from under this bridge out into the city - over 1.5 million bats!



Pictures don't realy do it justice, but I have no idea how to embed video. All those black specks? BATS.
Later that night we went out! Austin has some great nightlife!

(amazing ceviche)

(bongos and a cart?! whoa!)

(andrea, megan, and me)
I don't think the rest of the pictures from that night are postable - hahahaha.
I'll do day two tomorrow, that was exhausting!
I'm going to have to divide this into a bunch of posts because there are alot of pictures!
We stayed with my cousin Megan who lives about 45 min away in Temple. The first day they indulged Andrea's 'wants' and we drove about 3 hrs to visit the Shiner brewery (that wasn't in Austin!) Pretty cool place though!
We stooped on the way back at the greasiest open-pit BBQ place ever - really yummy, but holy crap.
We wandered some of Austin on the way back through - pretty cool place!
Austin has the world's largest urban bat colony - and every day as the sun starts to set they rush out from under this bridge out into the city - over 1.5 million bats!
Pictures don't realy do it justice, but I have no idea how to embed video. All those black specks? BATS.
Later that night we went out! Austin has some great nightlife!
(amazing ceviche)
(bongos and a cart?! whoa!)
(andrea, megan, and me)
I don't think the rest of the pictures from that night are postable - hahahaha.
I'll do day two tomorrow, that was exhausting!
No comments:
Post a Comment